How do you encourage creativity?
Our industry demands an unusual blend of creative skills and administrative excellence. So when your staff finally get away from the spreadsheets and PowerPoints for a day, how to you inspire them to think creatively?
We believe that if our staff get bored, then the end result will be boring, and it's vital that we in the creative events industry avoid this. Here are our top tips for keeping things fresh.
- Allow room for creativity. Some people work best in a cafe or library. Some people come up with their best work late at night, or curled up on a sofa. We encourage flexible working and have created cosy spaces in our office where the team can do some creative thinking.
- Keep it visual. The brain processes images much more efficiently than writing, so when we're brainstorming we try to record our thoughts in notes, drawings and doodles. (Our favourite at the moment is writing on the windows with dry wipe markers).
- Share your thinking. For every good idea we come up with, we've probably rejected ten or even twenty. When you're coming up with a new concept, you can't be afraid to fail, and you have to accept that your bad idea might be the kernel of someone else's great idea.
- Take inspiration anywhere you can. We frequently look outside the events industry for ideas. Broadening your horizons has tremendous potential for every business. Just take time to stop every now and then, think about what other people are doing well, and see what lessons you can apply to your own projects.
- Always try to be better. Even when something goes really well, we never stop striving to improve. Our post-event meetings are analytical (bordering on brutal), because we believe that we can always do better. We're in events - it's our job to think round corners.
Thanks to Heinrich Boll Stiftung for use of the photo, taken by Stephan Röhl and available at https://www.flickr.com/photos/boellstiftung/.
London Finance Conference
We made finance cool and interactive with this event, and used our problem-solving skills to the max!
I would really like to thank you for all your hard work. We were very happy with the service, your absolute professionalism, attention to detail and recommendations.
Animo’s team were brilliant. They are all a pleasure to work with too - patient, cheerful & diplomatic. I can't recommend them highly enough.
Marketing and PR Company
Many thanks for organizing and running a great day. I was really pleased with how things went and feedback from our sales partners has been very positive. Thank you for all your hard work!
UK Sales Manager
Sat Nav company
Animo’s staff members are extremely professional, friendly, innovative, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure all our staff, members, and guests have a great time.
International Removals Company
I have never ceased to be impressed at Animo’s diligence, clarity in communications, reactivity and attention to detail. Their customer service is outstanding.
Chief Commercial Officer